Gordon D. Burrill, P.Eng., CCHFM, FASHE, CHFM, CHC
Gordon graduated from the University of New Brunswick in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering (B.Sc.Eng.) degree. He started his career as a design engineer from 1986-1998. During this time, he was involved in construction projects ranging from small office buildings to pulp and paper mills through Atlantic Canada and the Northeastern United States. Many of these projects were hospital construction and renovation projects in his home province of New Brunswick. From 1998-2005, Gordon served as the Director of the Engineering for a New Brunswick Health Authority overseeing design, construction and maintenance of the buildings and equipment for this multi-facility health organization.
He is a Registered Professional Engineer with 35 years experience in the design, construction maintenance and operations of healthcare facilities. Among his accomplishments are:
- Winner of the Hans Burgers Award for Outstanding contribution to Healthcare Engineering from the Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society (CHES).
- Winner of the Award of Merit from the Canadian Standards Association.
- Winner of the President’s Award from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE).
- National President of the Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society from 2003-2005.
- Chair of the CSA Technical Committee for Health Care Facilities
- Holder of Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC) and Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) Certificates and from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering.
- Named to the National Fire Protection Association’s Technical Correlating Committee for standard NFPA 99 – Health Care Facilities
- A Council Member of the International Federation for Hospital Engineers 2003-2005
He has trained healthcare facilities management and construction personnel from Coast to Coast in Canada and the United States of American and has been a technical speaker at several National and International events.